Today Hannah & Kyle both had dentist appointments. This was Hannah's first appointment. She did so well. Because it was her first appointment I was allowed to be in the room with her. It was just an appointment to get her acquainted with the office, the dentist, etc. She was such a big girl, though. The dentist said she could stay sitting on my lap while he looked at her teeth; however, she wanted to sit in the big dentist chair. She let him brush her teeth, look at her bite and count her teeth. The bad news for us is the dentist said he can pretty much guarantee that Hannah will be needing orthodontic work because her mouth is so small and there's not much room for her teeth to grow in, in fact, her baby teeth are pretty crowded, so when her permanent teeth begin to come in they will be really crowded.
Kyle had x-rays for the first time today. It was really cool to see his permanent teeth already formed. His 6-year molars should be in in about 6 months. I could even see where his 12 year molars are starting to form. It was pretty fascinating for me to see. It's also highly likely that Kyle's teeth are going to be crowded unless his jaw widens quite a bit. We could see on the x-ray how his permanent teeth are coming in crowded and crooked, so orthodontic treatment is possible with Kyle too.
The good new is NO cavities and brushing is going great!
Quote from Ben, "Donations are being accepted for the orthodontic funds."
13 years ago




3 comments:
Um!! I have to say that at least when Kyle is visiting with us over at our house it seems that Kyle usally has a big mouth Haa Haa!! So I would think his teeth should have plenty of room to come in. Pluse I am surprised that Kyle does not have a cavity as many snacks as he loves to steal out of Tammy's snack basket on the counter. He loves that basket!!
Later Everyone, Steve
LOL...start saving pennies now! Hannah is such a big girl! I'm glad the first visit went well!
After putting Jamie in An R.P.E.(Rapid Pallatte Exander),a retainer, then braces, another retainer, then yet another half set of braces. then back into a retainer. Myself braces, Jason braces all I can say is good luck. Ank welcome to parenthood. And Ben Most Orthodonist will set you up with with a good family plan.
Post a Comment