Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Weekend at the Lake House

August 5th & 6th, we headed to Benecia's Dad & Step-Mom's lake house (which is about 3 hours away).  This year it was us, Adam & Benicia, Matt, Kyra, Trey, Ty, Skip & Jane.  We had such a GREAT time (We missed you Joan & Mark)!  I was worried with it being the weekend before school started that I would have too much school stuff on my mind and be stressed about starting school, but once I was away....I was away!  It was such a FUN and relaxing weekend.  There were so many perfect photo opportunities that I ended up taking 494 pictures while we were there!!  I've narrowed it down for this post, but warning there's still lots of pictures to follow!  It was amazing to me how much Kyle had changed from the last time we were there last summer.  Last summer, he went off the diving board once and the slide once and that took some convincing.  He was also a little more timid while tubing.  This year was TOTALLY different.  Everyone even kept commenting...is this seriously the same kid that was here last year??  As soon as we got there he was jumping off the diving board, sliding down the slide and then he said he was jumping from the top deck of the boat dock.  I seriously thought, "There's no way that's going to happen."  Well...he proved me wrong!  He jumped and jumped and jumped!  He also loved tubing.  He had his hands up in the air nearly the entire time he was on the tubes.  I am so glad he's gotten over his fear of the water.  He took swim lessons this summer and it was the best thing we could've done.  I was so proud of him! 
First thing...fishing

lesson from Uncle Adam








house on the lake I love

love it



tubing with Aunt Benicia



Are we having fun yet?






Getting ready to head out for some fishing with Skip


girls on the paddleboat....we didn't get far!  We couldn't get it to move.

the boys came over and told us they'd just tow us in:)

the guys decided it must be the drivers and not the boat...so, they gave it a try, too.

Trey and Kyle



evening boat ride for the guys


Hannah & Daddy taking a break



all ready for bed











yay....Go Kyle!



Ty & Hannah enjoying the view

No comments: